Need help? Talk to an expert

Actions to enforce alimony orders in North Carolina

There are some cases in North Carolina in which a person who was ordered to pay a former spouse alimony either falls delinquent or refuses to pay at all. In those cases, the law provides several remedies for the intended recipient to utilize in order to collect the amounts rightfully owed to them.

Upon notification of the delinquency or failure to pay alimony, the court may order the amount to be paid in a lump sum to the recipient. The court may also order the transfer of title of property to the recipient or place a lien against the payer’s real or personal property to secure payment. Payment of court-ordered alimony may be made by wage garnishment or bank levy.


Protect Your Assets
and Your Future

Get case review

Request a Callback

Submit a form below and we will contact you within 24 hours.