Tips For Less Stress In Your Divorce
Going through a divorce is tough – keep your stress levels low with these tips from one of our attorneys, Tamara Brooks.
- Do not sign anything you do not read.
- If you do not understand something you have read, find someone you trust to explain it to you.
- If you receive legal documents in the mail, or are served by the sheriff with legal documents, call an attorney immediately.
- If you are fearful for your personal safety, call law enforcement.
- Do not spend more than you make.
- Pay your bills promptly, if possible.
- Do not accept all credit card offers in the mail.
- Seek second opinions on all matters of importance especially those involving your health.
- Try not to panic no matter how bad the situation looks; generally, very little good comes from panicking, ever!
- Try not to respond in anger; generally, cooler heads prevail.
- Sometimes the only appropriate response is, “I am sorry”.
- Try to laugh at least one time per day.
- Be grateful.